Use this payment option to make a deposit of 30€ which is non refundable and will be discounted from the course fee. The remaining fee of 70€ will be due during the first lesson at the Gallery.
Make sure you add your correct email and/or phone number when completing the payment so that Rose can contact you to arrange dates and times.
Venue: Rose Parker Galeria de Arte, Calle Toneleros 19, Puerto de Mazarron.
Length: 4 weekly lessons - 2 hours each (some flexibility with timings).
Cost: 100€ (12.50 per hour) and includes refreshments, cakes and snacks.
On this painting course to improve your experience with acrylic paint we are going to cover these topics.
1. How to set up a suitable Still Life. What qualities are you looking for? Will there be harmonious colours or contrasting? What will provide the point of interest? How are you going to introduce a variety of texture?2. How to analyse the composition of a still life suitable for painting.
- Do you like it? What is it that is appealing to you?
- What would you change and why?
- What works/ doesn’t work?
- Where is the focal point? Are there more than one?
- What is the mood of the painting? How is it achieved?
- Which components would you like to keep in your version,and what do you plan to change? How?
- Which direction does the light come from? Is It Consistent?
- How will you, the artist, make the front objects come forward?
3. How to draw out your design and composition. How to use underpainting to bring parts of the painting forward or make it recede.4. Learn different paint techniques, using two brushes with different colours on to blend together on something like leaves that change colour. Use of the spatula to spread paint on, or stippling with the brush. Building up from general painting to putting in details or highlights last.